Wednesday, January 28, 2009

...and furthermore: Moo!




Yay for Oxen, including Cows(en)!

Every Chinese New Year I post a Happy one since most of the human population on the earth follow this lunar cycle. I've been chowing down on 'the people's food' after my foray down south and boy could my tummy use the break from the rich Louisiana food. Now I'm having rich Asian food. Not as sleep-inducing but very tasty!

Not that New Year is *all* about the food but folks do celebrate via the plate.

My lovely Korean bodega owner (and if that designation isn't an amalgam that's emblematic of NYC, what is?) said the Ox year is good: hard working, loyal, nice. Well we could all use a bit more of those qualities, no?




THE WISE OX KNOWS:
"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind."


No need for a poem after that line! (h/t to squidoo.com, Image Credit: kwokshukee@flickr.com)

No comments: